Manchester United v Manchester City
- Manchester City have won four and lost one of the last five Barclays Premier League meetings with Manchester United.
- Manchester United have lost all four north west derbies in the Premier League this season.
- Manchester City have lost none of their last eight Premier League away games (W6 D2) keeping clean sheets in three of their last four road trips.
- Manchester United have taken more points away from home than any other Premier League team this season (30), but only 21 out of a possible 42 at Old Trafford.
Verdict: Man City are driving toward the title and although Man United have turned a corner of late, Olympiakos & West Ham are not quite Man City. 2-1 & 2-0 are the picks.
Newcastle United v Everton
- This fixture has seen the joint-most penalties in Premier League history (17).
- Everton have won two and lost just one of their last four Premier League visits to St James Park – both of their victories in this run ended 2-1 (as did the defeat).
- The Toffees have won five, drawn three and lost just two of the last 10 league meetings with the Magpies.
- Everton have not won any of their last five Premier League away games (W0 D2 L3), losing the last three in a row without scoring.
Verdict: Everton 2-1 as the stats suggest 1-1 draw for cover.
West Ham United v Hull City
- The Tigers have lost their last four away league games against West Ham, not winning at Upton Park since January 1990.
- After winning four Premier League games in a row, West Ham have now lost each of their last three.
- Hull’s last four clean sheets in the Premier League have coincided with their last four wins.
Verdict: A tight one this but I really like Hull’s attack with Long & Jelavic. Hull 2-1, 1-1, AOD Draw the picks.
Ipswich Town v Derby County
- The reverse fixture this season at the iPro Stadium finished 4-4; the joint-highest scoring league meeting between these two sides.
- League matches involving Derby County this campaign have seen 108 goals; the most in the Championship.
- Derby’s Craig Bryson has been directly involved in 23 league goals this season (15 goals, 8 assists); more than any other Championship midfielder.
- Ipswich have dropped 28 points from leading positions this term; a league-high.
Verdict: At Derby the goals are flying in but this will be a close run game 1-1, AOD, 2-1 Derby
QPR v Wigan Athletic
- QPR have gone four games unbeaten against Wigan in league competition, drawing their last three (W1).
- Wigan have picked up just one win from their five previous league games against QPR at Loftus Road (D2 L2).
- 61.5% of the goals scored in matches involving QPR this season have arrived the second half; only Brighton (62.3%) have witnessed more after half time.
- The Latics have won 25 points from their last 10 matches; more than any other Championship team.
Verdict: Qpr have faltered when it has mattered most, a draw here is no good to them but seems the most likely looking at the stats. 1-1, 2-1 QPR
Watford v Blackburn Rovers
- Blackburn have won just twice in their last 11 league matches at Watford (D4 L5).
- The Hornets have kept seven clean sheets in their last eight home games in league competition (conceding just once); keeping a clean sheet in each of their last five.
- Watford have kept just one clean sheet in their last nine league games against Blackburn on home soil, though this came in the most recent match at Vicarage Road.
Verdict: Watford 1-0, 2-0.