After all of the excitement of last week’s Champions League fixtures we’ve got an all Premier League Pick 4 rollover pool this week! Read the previews for my Syndicate selections below:
This is an interesting game. Spurs are coming into this game on a strong run of form away from home. Brighton’s home form isn’t too shoddy either but Spurs really need the win to pull away from Chelsea in the race for 4th spot.
• Brighton have played 17 games at home in the league this season and have only failed to score in 5. They’ve also conceded in all but 4 of those games.
• Spurs have also played 17 away from home, winning 10 of those. They’ve also scored 2 or more in 9 of those 17 league games.
Prediction: 1-2, 0-3 or 1-3
Bournemouth are in mixed form at home recently. They’ve beaten Arsenal and Everton this year but lost heavily to Spurs and Liverpool. United are strong away from home and despite a disappointing defeat on Sunday against West Brom, they’ll be looking to build on their 2nd place and consolidate their spot.
• Bournemouth of failed to score in only 4 of 17 at home this season but have conceded more than they’ve scored.
• United have scored 2 or more in 8 from 17 away from home in the Premier League and have only had 4 clean sheets.
Prediction: 1-1, 0-2 or 1-2
Burnley have some great recent form and the incentive going into this game is massive. A win will take them into 5th spot, above Arsenal, for a Europa League place. Chelsea had a weak first half against Southampton but really showed their class late on by winning the game 3-2. This will be some contest.
• Burnley have only kept clean sheets in 6 games at home this season and have failed to score in only 5 of the 16 they’ve played at Turf Moor.
• Chelsea have kept clean sheets in only 5 away from home in the league this season and have failed to score in just 3 games.
Prediction: 2-1, Other Draw or 1-2
Leicester haven’t been awful at home but they have struggled to turn draws into wins. I don’t think this game will be any different. Southampton have had a similar problem and the smart money says that this game will end in a draw. A small part of me thinks that Leicester could just sneak the win though. Only a small part.
• Leicester have been involved in 5 score draws this season at home and have scored 2 or more in 7 from 16.
• Southampton have conceded less than 2 goals in 8 games away from this season. They’ve also played out 4 score draws this season away from home.
Prediction: 2-1, 1-1 or Other Draw